15-ounce cans of Chickpeas
3/4 cup Tahini
1/4 cup Lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp Dewy ALFALFA
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/4 tsp ground Cumin
1 Garlic clove, very finely minced
1/2 cup Cooking water
1. Pour the chickpeas and the liquid in the can into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Continue to boil for 15 minutes, adding water if the pot looks too dry. Drain but keep the liquid and set aside to cool.
2. Add the soft chickpeas, tahini, alfalfa juice powder, lemon juice, salt, cumin, and garlic to a food processor. Blend on high until smooth.
3. Add the cooking water to obtain an even creamier texture.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (lemon and salt).
5. Transfer the alfalfa hummus to a bowl. Add the toppings of your choice: olive oil, sesam seeds and roasted chickpeas.
6. Serve with vegetables and pieces of pita bread.
Notes: Hummus can be stored in the refrigerator for about 3 days in an airtight jar.